50 students tucked in The Learning Hub, humming with creativity
Chris Love LIVE from the US by Video Conference
How did that happen? It’s a whole year and LCGS Seniors are at it again.
- 8 pm Photocopy & binder homage and books in. Watch out for on-line copies soon…
- Mr. Grubert has just walked passed “It’s 8 PAST 7”
- 7.05 and chatting with Chris in Seattle, Mr. & Mrs. Norris are been visiting everyone and Mr. Grubert is waiting for a deluge of new books in electronic format. Then it’s time to bind. The countdown is on.
- It’s after 6 PM and after a group meeting & pizza for 50, deadlines are looming. The writers and publishers are calm under pressure.
Write a Book in a Day Competition – midday update 2 from Mr. Grubert
- We are five hours in with seven hours remaining. Most teams have finished a first draft of their work and are reading through their chapters to check for quality, continuity etc. Feet are up, shoes are off and no-one is observing the “Do NOT eat” signage in the Learning Hub.
As a sidenote, some of you will know new student Catherine Kerr. In case you don’t, check out one of her “sketches” of Holly Feather, one character from her team’s story…
- An extraordinary 50 students participating on campus and a 51st, Year 11 Chris Love, who is participating via video conference from Seattle, USA. Chris will work through to 3:00am Seattle time to complete the project!
Three hours into the twelve-hour epic, storylines are developing with the following six ideas being worked peak:
Team 1 – Grade 9s:
Pastafarian (no, that is not a typo) priest Fabian meets Victoria, a politician. Together, they must defeat the piranha-controlled enemy who is trying to take over the world…
Team 2 – Grade 7s:
A Rock Star and a Gardner fall in love but mean-girl Brittany tries to break them up through an extortion attempt…
Team 3: Grade 8s:
Daniel, a builder whose wife has died finds that soon after his daughter runs away. After an accident he is left in a coma and it is in this dream-like state that he seeks out the spirit of his wife…
Team 4: Grade 7, 10, 11 (last year’s shortlisted team)
A trans-galactic foreigner lands on earth to gather intell. For an impending invasion. A chance encounter with a swagman, Keith, changes the future of both worlds…
Team 5: Grade 8
An escaped convict who is plagued by recurring nightmares hunts for the dream thief who is able to take away people’s dreams with the help of a magical albatross…
Team 6: Grade 7
An heiress to a millionaire runs away with a boy who works as a hospital cook. When their boat is hit by a falling satellite they are set adrift with only a digeridoo to keep them afloat…