For writers aged between 13 – 19th years
“Are you the next J.K. Rowling, Michael Morpurgo or Malorie Blackman? Is there half a novel hidden in your desk or in a computer folder that could be the next Hunger Games? Or maybe you have an idea and just needed that little bit of inspiration to get writing…” from the website.http://www.movellas.com/competition/show/201302121559428767/young-movellist-of-the-year
The Reading Agency is offering support for writers.
You could be the Sony Young Movellist of the Year!
This is a UK based competition with one international award.
1) The overall winner will be offered the opportunity to sign a publishing contract with Random House, including a £2,000 advance! They will also receive a Sony Reader.
2) The two runners-up will receive Malorie Blackman’s entire teen backlist, published by Random House, and a Sony Reader.
3) The overall winner and the two runners-up will be invited to afternoon tea with Malorie Blackman, and will be able to bring a parent, guardian or friend each.
4) An international winner (selected by the Movellas team) will receive Malorie Blackman’s entire teen backlist, published by Random House, and a Sony Reader. Two runners-up will also receive Malorie’s backlist.
5) One winner (selected by the Reading Agency and Movellas community) who ONLY submitted the first three chapters of a novel (i.e. did not follow up with a full length novel – but why would you do that!?) will receive a mentoring session with a professional writer.