50 students tucked in The Learning Hub, humming with creativity
Chris Love LIVE from the US by Video Conference
How did that happen? It’s a whole year and LCGS Seniors are at it again.
- 8 pm Photocopy & binder homage and books in. Watch out for on-line copies soon…
- Mr. Grubert has just walked passed “It’s 8 PAST 7”
- 7.05 and chatting with Chris in Seattle, Mr. & Mrs. Norris are been visiting everyone and Mr. Grubert is waiting for a deluge of new books in electronic format. Then it’s time to bind. The countdown is on.
- It’s after 6 PM and after a group meeting & pizza for 50, deadlines are looming. The writers and publishers are calm under pressure.
Almost a complete nutritious meal.
Second stage graphic work
Table top turbo snail
Inspirational wall plan
Write a Book in a Day Competition – midday update 2 from Mr. Grubert
- We are five hours in with seven hours remaining. Most teams have finished a first draft of their work and are reading through their chapters to check for quality, continuity etc. Feet are up, shoes are off and no-one is observing the “Do NOT eat” signage in the Learning Hub.
As a sidenote, some of you will know new student Catherine Kerr. In case you don’t, check out one of her “sketches” of Holly Feather, one character from her team’s story…
Copyright Catherine Kerr
“sketches” Holly Feather
- An extraordinary 50 students participating on campus and a 51st, Year 11 Chris Love, who is participating via video conference from Seattle, USA. Chris will work through to 3:00am Seattle time to complete the project!
Three hours into the twelve-hour epic, storylines are developing with the following six ideas being worked peak:
Team 1 – Grade 9s:
Pastafarian (no, that is not a typo) priest Fabian meets Victoria, a politician. Together, they must defeat the piranha-controlled enemy who is trying to take over the world…
Team 2 – Grade 7s:
A Rock Star and a Gardner fall in love but mean-girl Brittany tries to break them up through an extortion attempt…
Team 3: Grade 8s:
Daniel, a builder whose wife has died finds that soon after his daughter runs away. After an accident he is left in a coma and it is in this dream-like state that he seeks out the spirit of his wife…
Team 4: Grade 7, 10, 11 (last year’s shortlisted team)
A trans-galactic foreigner lands on earth to gather intell. For an impending invasion. A chance encounter with a swagman, Keith, changes the future of both worlds…
Team 5: Grade 8
An escaped convict who is plagued by recurring nightmares hunts for the dream thief who is able to take away people’s dreams with the help of a magical albatross…
Team 6: Grade 7
An heiress to a millionaire runs away with a boy who works as a hospital cook. When their boat is hit by a falling satellite they are set adrift with only a digeridoo to keep them afloat…